Hilary GehmanApril 26. 2011 2:07PM
Hilary Gehman was born on August 15, 1971 in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire. She graduated from Kingswood High School and, for the last few years, has coached the Georgetown University novice women's crew team. Hilary began rowing at Colby College in 1990.
Hilary's Major achievements include winning:
- Finishing fourth in the quadruple sculls at the 2003 Bearing Point Rowing World Cup stop in Milan, Italy.
- Won the Women's Doubles Championship at the 2002 Head of the Charles Regatta in Boston.
- A bronze medal in the quadruple sculls at the 2000 Zurich World Cup stop in Lucerne, Switzerland.
- Finishing fourth in the quadruple sculls at the 1999 FISA World Championships.
- Finishing second in the double sculls at the Pacific Rim International Regatta on the Olympic course in Penrith, Australia.
- Finishing third in the quadruple sculls at the 1999 FISA World Cup stop in Lucerne.
Hilary is a two-time national team member. She graduated from Colby in 1993 with a degree in sociology. Other interests include cross-country skiing, biking, and reading. Her favorite book is Wuthering Heights and her favorite band is Aerosmith. When her rowing career is over, Hilary intends on becoming a commercial truck driver.