Explore the Ocean World, LLC
367 Ocean Boulevard
Hampton Beach, NH 03842
The mission of our facility is to educate visitors about the importance of the estuarine and oceanic ecosystems of the New Hampshire coast, while providing a unique opportunity to view and touch sea animals that they may never otherwise encounter. Our intent is to improve public awareness of the Gulf of Maine's natural wonders, help visitors to fully appreciate New Hampshire's remarkable natural resources, and to foster a stewardship for seacoast and its environment.
The center contains multiple exhibits focusing on the oceanic environment and the precarious balance between human use and healthy ecosystem functioning. Visitors will learn about the Gulf of Maine ecosystem and the local fishing industry it supports. The center contains a refrigerated aquarium displaying fish and invertebrates from the coast and deep-ocean, while also providing two hands-on touch tanks. In addition, multimedia expositions and display cases are present, augmented with live presentations and dried specimens to touch and examine.
10:00 – 5:00 Daily June 29th – Labor Day
11:00 – 4:00 Weekends in September
Facebook: Explore the Ocean World Facebook Page
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.