Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad
P.O. Box 9
Meredith, NH 03253
The railroad takes visitors along Meredith Bay an offers spectacular views of Lake Winnipesaukee.
The Winnipesaukee train runs from Meredith NH along Meredith Bay clinging to a shelf dug out over 100 years ago for the fast Montreal trains that passed through here. It is a downhill ride most of the way from Meredith to Weirs Beach and the view is spectacular of the Lake, Belknap Mountain and of the islands. Now we are on a level with the lake and we arrive at Weirs Beach. After a brief stop to pick up passengers, we continue our ride to Lakeport all the way along the shore of "Paugus Bay."
Video: Video by Cheryl Senter
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.