Thorne-Sagendorph Art Gallery
Keene, NH 03431
The Thorne-Sagendorph Art Gallery is the dynamic, vital center for the visual arts in the Monadnock Region, encompassing the best of the traditional and contemporary worlds.
The original gallery was a gift to Keene State College and the community from beaTrix Sagendorph, artist and benefactor, in memory of her mother, Louise E. Thorne, in 1965. The gallery was then located in Keene State's Mason Library.
In 1976, the Thorne became the Thorne-Sagendorph Memorial Art Gallery, when a new wing was dedicated to beaTrix's husband, Robb Sagendorph, founder and publisher of Yankee magazine.
The current gallery, which opened November 1993 to its first exhibit, a retrospective of works by Jules Olitski, continues to fulfill its original mission - to encourage a broader and deeper appreciation of the visual arts.
Guided gallery tours are offered. All exhibits, receptions, and programs are free and open to the public.
Website: Thorne-Sagendorph Art Gallery
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.