Bretzfelder Memorial Park
4 Christmas Lane
Bethlehem, NH 03574
Part of the Rocks Estate and owned/operated by the Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests. Open all year during daylight hours. Picnicking, hiking, wildlife, and pond. Educational tours and programs in summer and winter.
Each February and August, the Forest Society offers the Bretzfelder Park Family Educational Series, featuring speakers and entertainers covering a range of Natural History topics.
Several trails loop through Bretzfelder Park, allowing quiet exploration of the property in all seasons:
- Wildlife Habitat Trail - 1.5 miles/Easy - Meanders through woods and past the small pond.
- Nature Trail - .4 miles/Moderate - Brings visitors to the pond and loops back to the parking area, with natural history interpretive signs along the way.
- Pond Loop Trail - .75 miles/Easy
- Ski Loop Trail - 1.5 miles - A perfect loop for cross-country skiing. Wanders past the pond and through the demonstration forest maintained and managed by the Forest Society.
- Tree ID Trail - .12 miles/Easy - Leads visitors on a stroll of the Park, past markers sharing information about a dozen tree species growing here.