It's known as Moose Alley because it's the best place in New Hampshire to see some of the 10,000 or so moose that find their home here.
The Pittsburg stretch of Route 3 to the Canadian border is dotted with large yellow signs announcing "Brake for Moose. It could save your life. Hundreds of collisions." And, that's no joke. But if you are careful, you can likely spot a moose at almost any time of day here.
The best times to catch a glimpse of these magnificient creatures are dusk and dawn. So, next time you are in the north country, take a trip down Route 3 and keep your eyes peeled to the sides of the road.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.