McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center
2 Institute Drive
Concord, NH 03301
Come where day magically becomes night.
Simply choose one of the shows and in just one hour you'll take an extraordinary voyage into astronomy. Find a place in the 92-seat theater and a universe of computerized three-dimensional images surrounds you as you fly through the stars. Children of all ages are invited to join us on these stunning voyages of discovery!
The Planetarium, located in Concord, New Hampshire, is a living memorial that combines Christa McAuliffe's dream of traveling through space with her dedication to teaching, and her belief that everyone should have the opportunity to "reach for the stars". Our shows blend computer generated effects, video, slides and music into an awe-inspiring experience. Education and entertainment mix in our 40 foot domed theater to delight audiences of all ages. Bring yourself, your family, your friends, or a group from your school or business to discover the wonders of the cosmos and our place in it. In March 2009, the name of this educational center changed (from the Christa McAuliffe Planetarium) to the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center, in memory of Alan Shepard, the first American astronaut in space, who was from Derry, NH. Prior to this grand re-opening, the facility underwent a $15 million expansion.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.