Lost River Gorge and Boulder Caves
North Woodstock, NH 03262
Created long before recorded history, when glaciers ground their way across North America.
Follow Lost River as it appears and disappears through a narrow steep-walled gorge, tumbled granite, crevasses, caverns, falls. Explore and learn about natural history, ecology, and plant life. One hour, self-guided tour on walkways and bridges. Enjoyable, comfortable for the whole family. Geological display and nature garden with more than 300 varieties of native flowers, ferns and shrubs.
Starting in the summer of 2014, visitors now have new ways to experience the spectacular beauty of the Lost River Gorge & Boulder Caves. This ambitious expansion has led to a new adventure trail, a 750-foot-long boardwalk trail, which surrounds you with majestic northern spruce, fir, balsam and giant boulders that broke off from the cliffs when the glaciers receded to form the Lost River Gorge.
There is also a new 60-foot-long suspension bridge, with access to a tree house and a bird cage overlook – all of which provide breathtaking, bird’s eye views of the gorge and the scenic Kinsman Notch. This new vantage point will be a prime spot for your photos.
Don't miss the opportunity to explore the natural beauty and ecology Lost River Gorge has to offer!
Open mid-May to mid-October.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.