Isle of Shoals
Portsmouth Harbor Cruises
64 Ceres Street Dock
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Come aboard the Heritage for an intimate and unparalleled look at the seacoast's most picturesque waterways.
The diesel-powered Heritage offers a full bar and galley on every trip. Join us for a casual, sometimes amusing and always informative, cruise Portsmouth Harbor, to the Isles of Shoals; view the bird life of the Inland Waterways, or perhaps an evening cocktail or sunset cruise. Charters are also available.
Cruises run from early May to late October.
Isles of Shoals Steamship Company
315 Market Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Climb aboard and experience the fascinating legends of our New Hampshire/Maine Seacoast. Little known but historically crucial, the legendary Isles of Shoals, located 6 miles of our coast, are an intriguing archipelago of 9 islands steeped with history. Explored by Captain John Smith in the 1600's these Isles became famous for their large schools of "shoaling" fish. Fisherman flocked to these tiny islands and at one point it was the richest settlement of the new world. Over the centuries, these rugged Isles claimed fame with pirates, ghosts and buried treasure. Along with the first grand summer resort hotel, a famous poetess and her beautiful gardens and an "infamous" murder. The moonlight murder of Smuttynose is the basis of a New York Times best selling novel and major motion picture.
Cruises run from early May to mid-October.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.