Canterbury Shaker Village
Ph: 603-783-9511, Ext. 200
The National Historic Landmark has 25 original buildings situated on a rolling hilltop surrounded by open fields, woodlots, and ponds.
The National Historic Landmark has 25 original buildings situated on a rolling hilltop surrounded by open fields, woodlots, and ponds. Visitors have the chance to experience 200 years of the Shaker way of life. Guided tours explain and introduce the customs, inventions, furniture, architecture, and values of this utopian society. An admission fee is charged to help support the preservation of the historic site and its collections.
Directions: Canterbury Shaker Village is located 20 minutes north of Concord, NH. On I-93 take exit 18 and follow signs to the Village.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.