Portsmouth, NH 03801
Albacore Park is the site of a world-famous submarine, the Portsmouth-built USS Albacore, and of a memorial garden honoring those who lost their lives while serving aboard American submarines.
The USS Albacore was a prototype for today's submarines. It and the USS Nautilus, the first nuclear-powered submarine, formed the roots of our country's modern underseas fleet.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.