Weeks HouseJanuary 03. 2014 3:53PM
Marker Number: 113
Name and date established: Greenland 1976
Description: Leonard Weeks settled here in 1658 on 33 acres of land which he left to his son Samuel, who built the house about 1710. The bricks were made on the premises. Hand hewn oak beams support the 18-inch thick walls, which were cracked by the earthquake of 1755. Occupied by the family over 250 years, it is considered the oldest native brick house in New Hampshire. The Weeks House was listed on the National Register in 1975.
Location: Located on the north side of Route 101, 1 mile west of its junction with Route 151.