Temple Glass FactoryApril 25. 2011 10:47AM
Marker Number: 12
Name and date established: Sharon 1963
Description: Was located at a secluded site in the southwest portion of Temple township. Founded in 1780 by Robert Hewes who employed Hessian mercenaries from the British Army trained in the art of glassblowing. This early attempt to manufacture bottles and crude window-glass was the beginning of glass-making in New Hampshire.
Location: Located on the east side of Route 123 in Sharon village.