April 25. 2011 10:51AM
Stoddard Glass - Stoddard, New Hampshire (photo courtesy of the Historical Society of Cheshire County)
Marker Number: 52
Name and date established: Stoddard 1968
Description: Glassmaking in this town covered the years 1842 to 1873. Nearby stood the South Stoddard Glass Works founded by Foster in 1842. A second works was erected in 1846 at Mill Village two miles north. In its day a major industry of the state, Stoddard glass products are now highly prized by collectors.
Location: Located on Route 9, about .1 miles west of its junction with Route 123.