Stoddard Glass


April 25. 2011 10:51AM

Stoddard Glass - Stoddard, New Hampshire (photo courtesy of the Historical Society of Cheshire County)







Route 9
Stoddard, NH

Marker Number: 52
Name and date established: Stoddard 1968

Description: Glassmaking in this town covered the years 1842 to 1873. Nearby stood the South Stoddard Glass Works founded by Foster in 1842. A second works was erected in 1846 at Mill Village two miles north. In its day a major industry of the state, Stoddard glass products are now highly prized by collectors.

Location: Located on Route 9, about .1 miles west of its junction with Route 123.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: Captain Josiah Crosby / Lieutenant Thompson Maxwell
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Bound Rock in Hampton is one of the oldest boundary markers in U.S.
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Exeter served as NH's capital for 14 years
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Surry Mountain 
Gold Mine and Lily Pond
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Greenfield Town Meeting House is oldest NH meeting house serving church and state
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Belmont's Lochmere Archaeological District