Stoddard Glass


April 25. 2011 10:51AM

Stoddard Glass - Stoddard, New Hampshire (photo courtesy of the Historical Society of Cheshire County)







Route 9
Stoddard, NH

Marker Number: 52
Name and date established: Stoddard 1968

Description: Glassmaking in this town covered the years 1842 to 1873. Nearby stood the South Stoddard Glass Works founded by Foster in 1842. A second works was erected in 1846 at Mill Village two miles north. In its day a major industry of the state, Stoddard glass products are now highly prized by collectors.

Location: Located on Route 9, about .1 miles west of its junction with Route 123.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: Thaddeus S.C. Lowe -- aeronaut, scientist and inventor (1832-1913)
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Major Andrew McClary, 2nd in command to Col. John Stark of the 1st N.H. Regiment
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Mast Tree Riot of 1734 -- Local lumbermen felled trees meant for the king's navy
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Levi Woodbury (1798-1851) served in all 3 US government branches and as NH governor
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Major John Simpson, most remembered for something he may not have done
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Molly Stark House and Home of the Molly Stark Cannon