Stoddard Glass


April 25. 2011 10:51AM

Stoddard Glass - Stoddard, New Hampshire (photo courtesy of the Historical Society of Cheshire County)







Route 9
Stoddard, NH

Marker Number: 52
Name and date established: Stoddard 1968

Description: Glassmaking in this town covered the years 1842 to 1873. Nearby stood the South Stoddard Glass Works founded by Foster in 1842. A second works was erected in 1846 at Mill Village two miles north. In its day a major industry of the state, Stoddard glass products are now highly prized by collectors.

Location: Located on Route 9, about .1 miles west of its junction with Route 123.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: First settlement in Dover made at Hilton's Point in 1623
Example blog post alt Roadside History: John Sargent Pillsbury, co-founder of the Pillsbury Company (1828-1901)
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Brigadier General Enoch Poor served under Washington and Lafayette
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Norris Cotton, US representative and senator (1900-1989)
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Thaddeus S.C. Lowe -- aeronaut, scientist and inventor (1832-1913)
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Major Andrew McClary, 2nd in command to Col. John Stark of the 1st N.H. Regiment