Marker Number: 103
Name and date established: Seabrook 1975
Description: Based on the 1640 southern boundary of Bachiler's farm, it was surveyed by Capt. Nicholas Shapley in 1657, dividing the Province of New Hampshire from the Massachusetts Bay Colony from 1689 to 1741. In 1662 three Quaker women, being banished from the territory, were freed south of here by Constable Walter Barefoot. Edward Gove, imprisoned in the Town of London for leading the rebellion against Lt. Gov. Cranfield in 1683, lived nearby.
Location: Located at the junction of Route 1 and Rocks Road.