Rogers Rangers


January 09. 2014 3:38PM

Rogers Rangers - Derry, New Hampshire 







Route 10
Haverhill, NH

Marker Number: 56
Name and date established: Haverhill 1968

Description: This rivers' junction two miles north was the rendezvous for Rogers Rangers after their destruction of St. Francis, Quebec, on October 4, 1759. Pursuing Indians and starvation had plagued their retreat and more tragedy awaited here. The expected rescue party bringing food had come and gone. Many Rangers perished and early settlers found their bones along these intervales.

Location: Located on the west side of Route 10, about two miles south of Woodsville village.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: Greenfield Town Meeting House is oldest NH meeting house serving church and state
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Belmont's Lochmere Archaeological District
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Brigadier General James Reed (1722-1807)
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Dr. Granny Stalbird, 1755-1845, rode on horseback to visit, treat the sick
Example blog post alt Roadside History: The logging village of Wildwood
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Haverhill Corner Historic District