Marker Number: 56
Name and date established: Haverhill 1968
Description: This rivers' junction two miles north was the rendezvous for Rogers Rangers after their destruction of St. Francis, Quebec, on October 4, 1759. Pursuing Indians and starvation had plagued their retreat and more tragedy awaited here. The expected rescue party bringing food had come and gone. Many Rangers perished and early settlers found their bones along these intervales.
Location: Located on the west side of Route 10, about two miles south of Woodsville village.