Ratification of the Federal Constitution
Marker Number: 110
Name and date established: Concord 1976
Description: The convention of delegates from 175 New Hampshire towns took place on June 21, 1788 in the Old North Meeting House which stood on this site from 1751 until destroyed by fire in 1870. The delegates approved the proposed Federal Constitution by majority vote. New Hampshire, the ninth state to ratify this historic document thereby assured its adoption. This marker was erected in cooperation with the City of Concord. This marker stands within the boundaries of the Concord Historic District which was listed on the National Register in 1975.
Location: Located near the corner of North Main Street and Bouton Street (Route 3) on the grounds of the Walker School, in the northern end of downtown Concord.