Pierce ManseJanuary 09. 2014 3:46PM
Marker Number: 125
Name and date established: Concord 1978
Description: One tenth of a mile east of here stands the only house in Concord owned (1842 to 1848) by Franklin Pierce, 14th President of the United States. Removed to this site in 1971 from Montgomery Street, it was restored by The Pierce Brigade. Opened to the public in 1974, it is now an important tourist attraction. This marker was erected in cooperation with the City of Concord. The Pierce Manse is a part of the Concord Historic District, which was listed on the National Register in 1975.
Location: Located at the corner of North State Street (Route 3) and Penacook Street in the northern end of downtown Concord.