Park Hill Meeting House


January 09. 2014 3:50PM

Park Hill Meeting House - Westmoreland, New Hampshire 







Route 63
Westmoreland, NH

Marker Number: 74
Name and date established: Westmoreland 1971

Description: This church, built on the northeast corner of Cole Cemetery in 1762, was moved in sections by ox cart in 1779 to this location, then known as Federal Hill. A steeple with a bell cast by the Paul Revere Foundry was added in 1826. This edifice is recognized as one of the most beautiful churches in New England.

Location: Located on the north side of NH 63 in the Park Hill section of Westmoreland, directly in front of the Meeting House. This marker was erected in cooperation with the Westmoreland Historical Society.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: 'America's Stonehenge' is found at Mystery Hill in Salem
Example blog post alt Roadside History: First Ski School in America
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Kilburn Brothers Stereoscopic View Factory offered early 3D technology
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Sunset Baseball
Example blog post alt Roadside History: The Cornish Artists' Colony
Example blog post alt Roadside History: 'Captain Lovewell's War' against the Abenaki