Park Hill Meeting House


January 09. 2014 3:50PM

Park Hill Meeting House - Westmoreland, New Hampshire 







Route 63
Westmoreland, NH

Marker Number: 74
Name and date established: Westmoreland 1971

Description: This church, built on the northeast corner of Cole Cemetery in 1762, was moved in sections by ox cart in 1779 to this location, then known as Federal Hill. A steeple with a bell cast by the Paul Revere Foundry was added in 1826. This edifice is recognized as one of the most beautiful churches in New England.

Location: Located on the north side of NH 63 in the Park Hill section of Westmoreland, directly in front of the Meeting House. This marker was erected in cooperation with the Westmoreland Historical Society.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: George Washington's Visit
Example blog post alt Roadside History: First 'normal school' in New Hampshire
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Cornish-Windsor Bridge -- The longest covered bridge in the US until 2008
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Sarah Josepha Buell Hale, author of 'Mary had a little lamb' (1788-1879)
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Keene Glass Industry and Stoddard Glass products from 1800s highly prized today
Example blog post alt Roadside History: First settlement in Dover made at Hilton's Point in 1623