Old Province Road
Gilmanton, NH Marker Number: 17
Name and date established: Gilmanton 1963
Description: One of the earliest highways in New Hampshire, it was authorized in 1765 as a supply Route from the tidewater port of Durham to the colony's northern settlements in the Coos. This section of the road through Gilmanton was built in 1770, nine years after the township was settled.
Location: Located on the east side of Route 103 about 4 miles south of its junction with Route 140.