Old Meeting House


January 09. 2014 3:53PM

The Old Meeting House - Sandown, New Hampshire 







Route 121-A
Sandown, NH

Marker Number: 26
Name and date established: Sandown 1964

Description: The erection of this distinctive type New England Meeting House, located at .3 mile on road to northeast, was begun in 1773 and finished in 1774. A former center of civic and church affairs in Sandown, this excellent example of period architecture is carefully maintained for its historical significance.

Location: Located just north of the center of Sandown, on the east side of Route 121-A, at its junction with Fremont Road (which leads up to the Meeting House). The Sandown Old Meeting House was listed on the National Register in 1978.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: First Ski School in America
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Kilburn Brothers Stereoscopic View Factory offered early 3D technology
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Sunset Baseball
Example blog post alt Roadside History: The Cornish Artists' Colony
Example blog post alt Roadside History: 'Captain Lovewell's War' against the Abenaki
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Potter Place in Andover was home to the first famous American-born magician