Old Meeting HouseJanuary 09. 2014 3:53PM
Marker Number: 26
Name and date established: Sandown 1964
Description: The erection of this distinctive type New England Meeting House, located at .3 mile on road to northeast, was begun in 1773 and finished in 1774. A former center of civic and church affairs in Sandown, this excellent example of period architecture is carefully maintained for its historical significance.
Location: Located just north of the center of Sandown, on the east side of Route 121-A, at its junction with Fremont Road (which leads up to the Meeting House). The Sandown Old Meeting House was listed on the National Register in 1978.