Old Meeting House


January 09. 2014 3:53PM

The Old Meeting House - Sandown, New Hampshire 







Route 121-A
Sandown, NH

Marker Number: 26
Name and date established: Sandown 1964

Description: The erection of this distinctive type New England Meeting House, located at .3 mile on road to northeast, was begun in 1773 and finished in 1774. A former center of civic and church affairs in Sandown, this excellent example of period architecture is carefully maintained for its historical significance.

Location: Located just north of the center of Sandown, on the east side of Route 121-A, at its junction with Fremont Road (which leads up to the Meeting House). The Sandown Old Meeting House was listed on the National Register in 1978.

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: Major John Simpson, most remembered for something he may not have done
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Molly Stark House and Home of the Molly Stark Cannon
Example blog post alt The Weeks Act 1911
Example blog post alt Roadside History: General John Stark, 1728-1822
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Hannah Davis and Amos Fortune, Jaffrey's resilient business owners
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Hosea Ballou (1771-1852), 'father of Universalism'