Marker Number: 29
Name and date established: Merrimack 1965
Description: Was the original town, chartered by Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1763, which embraced parts of New Hampshire and Massachusetts. The New Hampshire portion of this area, following the determination of the province boundary in 1741, was subsequently divided into Hollis, Hudson, Litchfield, Merrimack, and Nashua.
Location: Located south of the Merrimack toll plaza in a service area adjacent to the southbound lanes of the F.E. Everett Turnpike.