Kimball Union AcademyJanuary 10. 2014 3:04PM
Marker Number: 77
Name and date established: Plainfield 1971
Description: This school, known first as Union Academy, was chartered June 16, 1813 "to train young men for leadership in ministry." The original building, located about 1,000 feet west of here and dedicated January 9, 1815, was destroyed by fire in 1824. Now known as Kimball Union Academy to honor benefactor Daniel Kimball, traditionally it has afforded a broad education to all who have attended.
Location: Located on the west side of Route 120, just south of its junction with Main Street in the village of Meriden.