Keene Glass Industries


January 10. 2014 3:06PM






Washington Street
Keene, NH

Marker Number: 69
Name and date established: Keene 1971

Description: The first of the two famous Keene glass factories was established near this site in 1814 and produced window glass for the New England area until 1853. Another glass works (1815 to 1842), 1.5 miles southeast of here on Marlboro Street, made bottles and flasks now known as Keene Glass and prized today by museums and collectors.

Location: Located on the east side of Washington Street at Fuller Park. This marker was erected in cooperation with the Historical Society of Cheshire County, Inc.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: Soapstone in Francestown
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Washington considered the birthplace of the Seventh Day Adventist Church
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Joel McGregor, Last Surviving Soldier of the Revolution
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Captain Josiah Crosby / Lieutenant Thompson Maxwell
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Bound Rock in Hampton is one of the oldest boundary markers in U.S.
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Exeter served as NH's capital for 14 years