Keene Glass Industries


January 10. 2014 3:06PM






Washington Street
Keene, NH

Marker Number: 69
Name and date established: Keene 1971

Description: The first of the two famous Keene glass factories was established near this site in 1814 and produced window glass for the New England area until 1853. Another glass works (1815 to 1842), 1.5 miles southeast of here on Marlboro Street, made bottles and flasks now known as Keene Glass and prized today by museums and collectors.

Location: Located on the east side of Washington Street at Fuller Park. This marker was erected in cooperation with the Historical Society of Cheshire County, Inc.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: George Washington's Visit
Example blog post alt Roadside History: First 'normal school' in New Hampshire
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Cornish-Windsor Bridge -- The longest covered bridge in the US until 2008
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Sarah Josepha Buell Hale, author of 'Mary had a little lamb' (1788-1879)
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Keene Glass Industry and Stoddard Glass products from 1800s highly prized today
Example blog post alt Roadside History: First settlement in Dover made at Hilton's Point in 1623