Keene Glass Industries


January 10. 2014 3:06PM






Washington Street
Keene, NH

Marker Number: 69
Name and date established: Keene 1971

Description: The first of the two famous Keene glass factories was established near this site in 1814 and produced window glass for the New England area until 1853. Another glass works (1815 to 1842), 1.5 miles southeast of here on Marlboro Street, made bottles and flasks now known as Keene Glass and prized today by museums and collectors.

Location: Located on the east side of Washington Street at Fuller Park. This marker was erected in cooperation with the Historical Society of Cheshire County, Inc.

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: Major John Simpson, most remembered for something he may not have done
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Molly Stark House and Home of the Molly Stark Cannon
Example blog post alt The Weeks Act 1911
Example blog post alt Roadside History: General John Stark, 1728-1822
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Hannah Davis and Amos Fortune, Jaffrey's resilient business owners
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Hosea Ballou (1771-1852), 'father of Universalism'