Henry Wilson, Vice President of the United States
Marker Number: 98
Name and date established: Farmington 1975
Description: Born in Farmington on February 16, 1812, Jeremiah Jones Colbath, this self-educated farm boy changed his name when of age to Henry Wilson. He became a teacher, member of Congress, United States Senator, and took office as Vice President of the United States under President Ulysses S. Grant on March 4, 1873. He suffered a stroke and died in the Vice President's chambers in the Capitol on November 22, 1875.
Location: Located on the east side of Route 153, at the entrance to the Farmington Country Club.