Haverhill Corner Historic District

January 10. 2014 2:26PM

Route 12A

Haverhill, NH

Marker Number: 160
Name and date established: Haverhill 1990

Description: National Register of Historic Places, 1987. Town of Haverhill Granted, 1763 'The Corner' was part of a mile-wide strip of land clamed by both Haverhill and Piermont, and finally divided between them. Haverhill Corner's architecture reflects its history as Grafton County seat (1793-1891), home of Haverhill Academy (founded 1794), and northern end of the first Province Road from the coast (later the Coos Turnpike, now Court Street). Col. Charles Johnston settled here in 1769 and promoted village growth. His house and Gov. John Page's still stand, with other notable dwellings, taverns, church, library, and school buildings."

Location: located on the east side of Route 12A at the Haverhill-Piermont line in Haverhill, NH

White Mountains

Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required