First Roman Catholic Church
Old Church Road
Marker Number: 41
Name and date established: Claremont 1966
Description: Southerly on Old Church Road is located the first Roman Catholic edifice in New Hampshire. It was erected in 1823 under the direction of the Reverend Virgil Horace Barber, S.J. The building served St. Mary's parish and contained the first Roman Catholic School in the State.
Location: Located on the south side of Route 12 and Route 103 about 1.5 miles east of the Connecticut River.