Concord CoachJanuary 09. 2014 4:00PM
Marker Number: 128
Name and date established: Concord 1979
Description: The Abbot-Downing Company began in 1813 when Lewis Downing founded a wagon factory located here from 1816 to 1828. In 1828 he was joined by J. Stephens Abbot. The next century saw 14 styles of "stage" coaches, the most famous being the Concord Coach and 40 styles of commercial and plea sure vehicles carrying the name of Concord all over the United States and around the world. This marker was erected in cooperation with the City of Concord.
Location: Located on the west side of South Main Street (Route 3) in the southern end of downtown Concord.