Marker Number: 107
Name and date established: Hillsborough 1976
Description: In 1769, Col. John Hill, a Masonian proprietor, "granted forever" a tract of land in and around this triangle plot to the first settled minister Rev. Jonathan Barnes, providing locations for the church, meetinghouse, minister's homestead, school, pound, training field, and burying ground. Worthy of note is that descendants of the original grantee still occupy many of these 18th and early 19th century homes.
Location: Located in Hillsborough Center about 3.3 miles north of the intersection of Route 9 and Route 149.