Marker Number: 108
Name and date established: Bradford 1976
Description: This common, designated the geographical center of the town in 1791, at one time was bordered by the Town Pound, constructed in 1789, the existing District One School, built in 1793, and the still standing Congregational Society Meeting House, dedicated in 1838. This also marks the site of the first Meeting House in the Town of Bradford. Erected in 1797, it was dismantled in 1863, moved to Bradford Village and reerected at the Town Hall site.
Location: Located .1 mile east of the main intersection in Bradford Center. This marker was erected in cooperation with the Town of Bradford. The Bradford Town Hall now located in Bradford Village was listed on the National Register in 1980.