Bradford Center


January 09. 2014 3:19PM

Bradford Center - Bradford, New Hampshire 







Bradford, NH

Marker Number: 108
Name and date established: Bradford 1976

Description: This common, designated the geographical center of the town in 1791, at one time was bordered by the Town Pound, constructed in 1789, the existing District One School, built in 1793, and the still standing Congregational Society Meeting House, dedicated in 1838. This also marks the site of the first Meeting House in the Town of Bradford. Erected in 1797, it was dismantled in 1863, moved to Bradford Village and reerected at the Town Hall site.

Location: Located .1 mile east of the main intersection in Bradford Center. This marker was erected in cooperation with the Town of Bradford. The Bradford Town Hall now located in Bradford Village was listed on the National Register in 1980.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: John Sargent Pillsbury, co-founder of the Pillsbury Company (1828-1901)
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Brigadier General Enoch Poor served under Washington and Lafayette
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Norris Cotton, US representative and senator (1900-1989)
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Thaddeus S.C. Lowe -- aeronaut, scientist and inventor (1832-1913)
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Major Andrew McClary, 2nd in command to Col. John Stark of the 1st N.H. Regiment
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Mast Tree Riot of 1734 -- Local lumbermen felled trees meant for the king's navy