Birthplace of the Seventh Day Adventist ChurchJanuary 03. 2014 3:47PM
Marker Number: 94
Name and date established: Washington 1974
Description: In April 1842, a group of citizens in this town banded together to form "the first Christian Society." In the Adventist movement of 1842 to 1843, they espoused the Advent hope. In January 1842, these Washington Sabbathkeepers, after meeting for many years as a loosely knit group, organized the first Seventh Day Adventist Church.
Location: Located on the east side of Route 31, just south of Old Stoddard Road. Take a second left, opposite the Common, 2.3 miles on Millen Pond Road to the site of this building.