New Ipswich, NH
Marker Number: 137
Name and date established: New Ipswich 1980
Description: Built in 1800 by Charles Barrett, as a residence for his son, Charles Jr., "Forest Hall" as it was known, pays tribute to the Barrett family and to the 19th century textile industry. The Barrett textile mills, located in Bank Village, produced cotton fabric for domestic and export usage. This house demonstrates fine federal architecture and testifies to the skill of the local craftsmen.
Location: Located on Route 123-A, just south of the Barrett House, in the village of New Ipswich.