Railroad Bridge - #10
May 23. 2013 3:04PM
The structure was originally built when the Concord and Claremont Railroad laid its first 33 miles of track from Concord to Bradford, New Hampshire. From 1962 until 1990 a Contoocook merchant owned and used it as a warehouse. In 1990 the bridge was given to the New Hampshire Division of Historic Resources and is currently in need of repair.
Year of Construction: - 1849-50
Original Cost: - Unknown
East of N.H. Route 103 in Contoocook Village on the old Concord and Claremont Railroad line spanning the Contoocook River.
Double Town-Pratt lattice truss. The bridge is 140'1" long and has clear spans of 64'0" and 67'0". It has an overall width of 21'6" and a roadway width of 15'1", and a maximum vertical clearance of 19'4". The rail line has been abandoned.