Bartlett Bridge #50April 21. 2011 10:24AM
West of U.S. Route 302
The bridge was abandoned and closed to traffic in 1939. In the 1950s, it was used to store snow fence. In 1966 the bridge and land around it was sold to a private individual. It was repaired by Milton Graton that same year. The owner had a gift and antique shop built inside the bridge; which is the current use for the structure. The current owners of the bridge and gift shop are Marc and Mary Ellen Frydman. In 1990 the Frydmans renovated the bridge, a renovation that consisted of strengthening the arches, replacing cracked members, and removing one layer of decking.
Year of Construction: - 1851
Original Cost: - Unknown
West of U.S. Route 302, four and one-half miles east of Bartlett Village over the Saco River.
Paddleford truss with added arches. The bridge is 166'10" long with a clear span of 145'0". It has an overall width of 20'4" with a roadway width of 16'6" and a maximum vertical clearance of 14'6". It is closed to vehicular traffic but pedestrians may walk across the structure.