The Bear that Heard Sarah - Warren
In 1783, Sarah Witcher was lost in the woods near Warren, NH. Legend has it that the little girl was protected by a bear until she was rescued a few days later. There have been a couple of books written about this true-story-turned-folktale, including The Bear That Heard Crying by Natalie Kinsey-Warnock and Sarah Witcher's Story by Elizabeth Yates.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.