All Sections

Home | Public Safety

Lebanon bathroom fire temporarily displaces five

Union Leader Staff
May 25. 2018 10:07PM




LEBANON — An unattended incense burner caused an apartment bathroom fire that temporarily displaced two adults and three children in Lebanon Friday night.

Lebanon firefighters first responded at 6:19 p.m. to an automatic fire alarm at 21 Tannery Lane.

There, first responders found water flowing from the building’s sprinkler system and a small fire burning in a second-floor apartment bathroom.

An investigation determined the incense burning had fallen into a trash can and this led to the blaze.

The bathroom suffered only minor damage, but the Red Cross was called in to find temporary housing for the occupants due to the holiday weekend and the lack of available clean-up contractors and an electrician to make repairs.

The fire took only 13 minutes to bring under complete control, officials said.


Public Safety Fires Lebanon


More Headlines