All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Manchester condo resident falls sick from carbon monoxide


December 13. 2017 1:15PM




MANCHESTER — A resident of Park View Hills Condominiums suffered carbon-monoxide poisoning, the Manchester Fire Department said.


A high level of carbon monoxide was limited to the resident's single unit on the third floor of 385 Huse Road, said District Fire Chief Mike Gamache. He said the source was a faulty stove, which firefighters disabled.


Gamache said the Fire Department told the management company to repair or replace the stove.


The Fire Department said AMR Ambulance was called to the apartment shortly before 8:30 a.m. after a woman fainted and reported not feeling well. Suspecting carbon monoxide poisoning, the crew notified the fire department.


"(Fire Department) crews monitored the apartment as well as the entire 30-plus unit building and discovered elevated levels of CO in the apartment of the patient," a release reads.


She was taken to the hospital with elevated carbon monoxide levels in her blood.


Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless and the by-product of combustion of gas, wood, propane or any other fuel.It can accumulate to dangerous levels because of improper ventilation in tightly sealed space. Symptoms include a dull headache, weakness, dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath and confusion.


Health Public Safety Manchester


More Headlines