All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Nashua firefighters quickly extinguish fire in dryer

Staff Report
December 11. 2017 12:28AM

Nashua firefighters had to extinguish a dryer fire at a Pine Street apartment building on Sunday afternoon. (COURTESY)

NASHUA — Gate City firefighters made quick work of a dryer fire on Pine Street on Sunday afternoon.

Nashua firefighters responded to a laundry room in an apartment building at 210 Pine St. at 2:06 p.m.

On arrival, crews encountered heavy smoke conditions throughout the building. The burning dryer was located in the basement.

Firefighters stretched a hose line into the laundry area and extinguished the small blaze. There were no injuries reported.

The cause was determined to be accidental, and blamed on equipment malfunction.

Fires Nashua