All Sections

Home | Public Safety

Man dies in Concord in Monday morning fire

By PAUL FEELY
New Hampshire Union Leader

December 04. 2017 11:43PM




CONCORD — State fire investigators say an elderly man died in a kitchen fire in a home on Trinity Street in Concord Monday.

Firefighters were dispatched to a home at 7 Trinity Street in Concord at 10:30 a.m. Monday for a report of an extinguished kitchen stove fire. Upon arrival, Concord firefighters discovered evidence of an extinguished fire and a deceased elderly man in the kitchen.

Concord Fire Battalion Chief Sean Brown confirmed the fire was already out when firefighters arrived, and said self-extinguishing fires “aren’t all that unusual.”

“A fire can run out of oxygen and burn itself it out,” said Brown. “Or a water pipe can burst and the water extinguishes the fire. There could be a number of reasons it was out before we arrived.”

Brown said he couldn’t comment specifically on why this particular fire was out upon arrival, due to the ongoing nature of the investigation by the state fire marshal’s office.

An autopsy has been scheduled for this afternoon to positively identify the victim, and properly notify family members.

Anyone with information regarding this fire should contact Investigator Christopher Wyman at 223-4289.


Fires Concord


More Headlines