Home » News » Public Safety
Injured teen bicyclist ID’d
MANCHESTER — A 13-year-old boy remains hospitalized in critical condition in Lebanon where he is being treated for a head injury after he was thrown into the path of a car Tuesday when his bicycle collided with another car.
Police identified the teen as Tarik Mukanovic, who first was taken to Catholic Medical Center and then to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, where he remains hospitalized.
The crash happened about 3:30 p.m.
Police said Mukanovic was riding his mountain bike on Kelley Street when he collided with the front of a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta operated by Chad London, 36, of Manchester.
Mukanovic was thrown into the opposite lane of travel and into the path of a 2008 Lincoln Town Car driven by Raymond Lamy, 86, also of Manchester.
Police said Lamy did not have enough time to stop, and his car drove over the teen.
Emergency workers freed the teen, who had been pinned underneath the Lincoln. Firefighters used two airbags to lift the car.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it